The other night we made homemade kebabs with all the trimmings. Which left me with 3/4 of a cabbage. Normally I struggle with cabbage and ends up wasting it. Hence, I tried to find a use of it. Suddenly I was reminded of a very Danish meal “Boller I Karry” translated to English it is “Meatballs in Curry”.This is a very child friendly dish and a favourite with many kids in Denmark, the curry is very mild almost sweet.
However, the dish I ended up making is a variation of this, instead if includes chicken breast and cabbage! Still got 1/3 of the cabbage left.
The husband loved it, said that it was exactly what he expected it would be when I told him I was making Danish curry. Froze one portion for me to eat one day.
250 g chicken
1/3 white cabbage, cut into pieces
1 tbsp East Indian style curry powder
2 tbsp vegetables oil
- In a pan add the oil and curry powder, let it cook for 1 min.
- Now add the onions and cabbage. Cook until translucent.
- Then add the chicken, cook for 2 minutes.
- Now add the water, carrots and apple, let it simmer until chicken is cooked through.this should take around 5 minutes.
- Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Serve with rice.